For boiling Vermicelli
2 tsp oil
½ cup Apis vermicelli
4 cup water (for boiling)
½ tsp salt
For cutlet mixture
2 tbsp corn flour
2 potato (boiled & mashed)
1 chilli (chopped)
½ tsp ginger paste
½ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp chilli flakes
½ tsp chaat masala
½ tsp garam masala
2 tbsp coriander (chopped)
½ tsp salt
½ cup bread crumbs
¼ cup Maida
¼ cup corn flour
¼ tsp pepper powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup water
1 cup Apis vermicelli (for outer coating)
Oil (for frying)
1. In a pan, heat 2 tsp oil and add ½ cup Apis vermicelli.
2. Roast the Apis vermicelli on low flame till it turns golden brown. And then keep aside.
3. In a big container take 4 cup water, ½ tsp salt and get to a boil.
4. When the water comes to a boil, add the roasted Apis vermicelli and mix well.
5. Give a good stir and boil until the Apis vermicelli is cooked well.
6. Drain the water and cool completely.
7. After the vermicelli cools down completely, take it out in a large bowl and add 2 tbsp of corn flour.
8. Mix well and make sure all the moisture of the vermicelli is absorbed.
9. Add 2 potato, 1 chilli, ½ tsp ginger paste and ½ tsp chilli flakes.
10. Add ½ tsp chaat masala, ½ tsp cumin powder and ½ tsp garam masala.
11. Now add ½ cup bread crumbs, 2 tbsp coriander and ½ tsp salt.
12. Mix well and squeeze forming a soft dough.
13. Grease hands by applying oil and prepare a dough by kneading it.
14. Make the cylindrical shape and keep aside.
15. To prepare sludge, take a small bowl add ¼ cup corn flour, ¼ cup Maida, ¼ tsp pepper powder and ¼ tsp salt.
16. Add ½ cup water prepare a smooth lump-free batter.
17. Now dip the shape into slurry and then roll in Apis vermicelli.
18. Let’s take a pan, put oil in it and keep the flame on medium for deep fry.
19. Put cutlets in oil and fry until the cutlets turn golden brown and crisp.
20. Drain the Apis vermicelli cutlet over a tissue paper to remove excess oil.
21. Finally, enjoy aloo Apis vermicelli cutlet with tomato sauce or some chutney.